Here’s a gorgeous salad of spinach, red cabbage, and oranges that adds a burst of color and nutrition to the plate. It’s a quick salad for everyday meals and is equally welcome as part of a vegan Thanksgiving feast. Adapted from Vegan Express. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 3 small seedless oranges, such as clementine, peeled and sectioned
- ½ medium crisp, flavorful cucumber, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the spinach, cabbage, oranges, cucumber, and almonds in a serving bowl and toss together.
- Dress as desired with oil and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.
Per serving: 121 calories; 8g fat; 30mg sodium; 10g carbs; 3g fiber; 3g protein