Uncategorized

Vegetariana – special sale!

vegetariana cover2014 will mark the 30th anniversary of the publication of my first book, Vegetariana: A Rich Harvest of Wit, Lore, and Recipes.* When it was first published, Publisher’s Weekly declared that “this book should prove itself a classic.” Vegetarian Times called it “a treasure,” and the Detroit News flatteringly described it as a “one-woman masterpiece.” Many years and many books later, many people still tell me that it’s their favorite of my books.

To mark its 30th anniversary, I’m working on a slightly updated new edition (try not to do the math — I was young when it was published!). At this point, I still have a number of copies from the 1999 edition, which is very close to the original 1984 edition. I’d really like to get these collectible books out of my studio and into your kitchens (or bedrooms, as it’s very much a cookbook for reading). I’m offering a number of signed copies through Amazon for $5.00 plus shipping. To access this, go to this link on Amazon and make sure to order your copy through Amberwoodinc, which should be the first seller listed — that’s me.

*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!

You Might Also Like

MizzB
    February 28, 2012 at 10:04 am

I already have well-worn copies of both Vegetariana, and Vegetariana Express, as well as your other books. Thank you for making vegan/vegetarian cooking so friendly and delicious. D keep up the good work.

Would you consider donating signed copy (or copies)to be used as raffles gifts or door prizes for Houston’s upcoming VegFest 2012, June 9, 2012?
    Check us out at http://www.vegansocietyofpeace.org/vegfesthouston

Tricia
    February 28, 2012 at 10:04 am

Just ordered a copy. Looks like a beautiful book for quite a steal! Thank you! 🙂

February 28, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks, Tricia! Hope you enjoy it. And MizzB, sure — contact me about this directly at [email protected] — but be aware that this book is vegetarian rather than vegan.

Jean
    February 28, 2012 at 10:52 am

HI! I am trying to go Vegan – love the look of this book – are there many vegan recipes in it or mostly vegeterian? Thanks!

February 28, 2012 at 11:12 am

Jean, there are many vegan recipes, and many others that have vegan options. There is a separate Eggs and Cheeses chapter which you can easily avoid, though many of my favorite illustrations are in that chapter!

Debra Klink
    February 28, 2012 at 11:44 am

I still have and use the 1984 edition. It’s got pages with food splatters and pages which have pulled out, but those are the signs of a well-used book. I’m looking forward to the new one; I’ll probably give copies to my sons, who grew up eating recipes from the original.

February 29, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Debra, thanks for sticking with me for such a long time! This edition being offered is the most recent, from 1999, and is very similar to the original but with more recipes.