125 Delectable Vegan Recipes for Kale, Collards, Arugula, Bok Choy, and other Leafy Veggies Everyone Loves by Nava Atlas | Photos by Susan Voisin
Nava Atlas serves up a comprehensive collection of scrumptious recipes, all featuring ultra-healthy, super-nutritious leafy greens. Leafy greens are a breeze to grow and prepare, and these 125 dishes showcase the most commonly used varieties in an irresistible selection of soups, salads, stews, stir-fries, pastas, and more.
Nava’s up-to-the-minute ideas range from using sturdy collard greens as wrappers for savory fillings to whirling tender arugula and watercress into incredible dips.
There's even a section on beverages — green smoothies and juices have a growing legion of devotees. Leafy greens, including kale, collards, spinach, arugula, mustard greens, Asian greens, and others are considered the most nutritious foods on the planet, and Wild About Greens makes it easy and delicious to incorporate them into daily fare.
A detailed green-by-green introduction helps cooks find just what to make after bringing bunches of greens back to the kitchen from the market or garden.
"I've had a love affair with green leafy vegetables for over two decades. Wild About Greens will help me take this love affair through the stratosphere! Thanks, Nava, for sharing the love." — Rip Esselstyn, bestselling author of The Engine 2 Diet*
Selected reviews, excerpts, and interviews - Newspapers and Magazines
- Washington Post – Kale and Cucumber Salad with Avocado-Tahini Dressing
- Portland Oregonian – Cookbook Review: ‘Wild About Greens’ by Nava Atlas
- Albany Times Union – Table Hopping Giveaway: Greens Cookbook
- Santa Cruz Sentinel – Art of the Salad: Area Chefs Break Down the Salad Plate
- Poughkeepsie Journal – New Book Could Make You ‘Wild About Greens’
- Chronogram Magazine – Book Review Short Takes August 2012
Radio Shows and Podcasts
- Martha Stewart Radio – Virginia Willis on Cooking Today
- Feisty Side of Fifty – Wild About Greens
- VegCast – VegCast 109
- Vegan and the Living is Easy – A Lively Interview with Nava Atlas, The Queen of Greens
- Progressive Radio Network – It’s All About Food: Wild About Greens
Websites and blogs
- Tiny Green Mom – Italian Style Potato Escarole Soup
- Lisa is Cooking – Asian Flavored Kale and Cabbage Slaw
- FatFree Vegan Kitchen – Wild About Greens Giveaway
- Bittersweet blog – Wild About Greens
- 365 Days of Healthy Eating – Quinoa with Baby Bok Choy and Asparagus
- Manifest Vegan – Wild About Greens
- Have Fun, Do Good – Recipe: Very Green Avocado Tahini Dip from Wild About Greens
- The Kale Project Paris – For the Love of Kale
- Veg Cookbook Club – Kale and Red Quinoa Salad
- Hungry Vegan – Book Review and Giveaway: Wild About Greens by Nava Atlas
- Tasting Table – Very Green Avocado-Tahini Dip from Wild About Greens
- Veggie Girl – Wild About Greens
- Savvy Vegetarian – Wild About Greens Review
- The Gluten-Free, RD – Recipes I’m Loving Right Now: Very Green Avocado-Tahini Dip
- Virginia Willis Culinary Productions – Wild About Vegetables
- Urban Vegan – Win Wild About Greens: Contest and Recipe
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!