Once you’ve had your fill of zucchini noodles, make a few batches of these zucchini fries for a nice change of pace. They’re easy to whip up, and the Indian spices will add some zing to your next dinner party. This is a great appetizer as well as a side dish. Look for garam masala near the curry spices at your local market. Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from The Easy Vegan Cookbook by Kathy Hester ©2015, published by Page Street Publishing.
Zucchini Masala Fries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the zucchini and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, garam masala and cumin together well, then add it to the zucchini. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix until the spice mixture is stuck to the zucchini.
- Spread out the zucchinis on the baking sheets, then lightly sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender but not limp.
Per serving with oil:
Calories 61.6, protein 2.1 g, total fat 3.7 g, carbs 6.7 g, sodium 0.2 mg, fiber 0.0 g
TIP: Make a creamy dip by combining unsweetened vegan yogurt with chopped cilantro and a little coriander and cumin.
- See lots more ways to use zucchini and summer squash.