Garlicky Roasted Root Vegetables
Slow roasting brings out the natural sweetness of root vegetables — sweet potatoes, parsnips, and beets. It’s a delicious vegan, gluten-free veggie side dish everyone will love. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photos by Tracey Eller.
- 5 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 2 ½ cups peeled and sliced yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and sliced parsnips, sliced
- 2 cups peeled and sliced beets
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 4 tablespoons sunflower or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together. Transfer to a covered baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Here are more recipes featuring roasted vegetables.