These easy vegan jalapeno poppers are the ultimate party appetizer. Packed with a cheesy dairy-free filling and topped with crunchy panko breadcrumbs.
We are currently right in the thick of the holiday season. And that means I've been hosting and attending lots of parties. Yay for being able to socialize again!
But that also means I've found myself in need of some easy vegan appetizers that I can throw together quickly and that please a crowd of both vegans and non-vegans alike.
Enter these tasty (and super easy) vegan jalapeno poppers! They're made with just a handful of ingredients in under 30 minutes. What's not to love?
While I typically cook with as many fresh ingredients as possible, these vegan jalapeno poppers use a few handy store bought vegan items to make them as quick and easy as possible! Here's what you'll need.
- Vegan Cheddar Cheese. I'm a fan of the ones from Daiya or Follow Your Heart for this recipe, because they melt well.
- Vegan Cream Cheese. The one from Miyokos is my fave! Or you can make your own homemade vegan cream cheese.
- Panko Breadcrumbs. Like this.
- Garlic Powder, Oregano, and Salt.
- Vegan Butter. I use Earth Balance.
See the recipe card below for detailed measurements and instructions.
How to Make Vegan Jalapeno Poppers - Step by Step
These tasty little morsels are so delicious and so pretty - no one will know you made them in under 30 minutes!
Mix up the creamy filling - made with shredded vegan cheddar cheese, vegan cream cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, and panko breadcrumbs. Yum!
Slice the jalapeno peppers in half, and carefully remove the seeds. Be careful when touching the peppers - they are spicy!
Fill each jalapeno pepper with the creamy filling. Then top with additional vegan cheese and breadcrumbs.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, and enjoy!
And there you have it - totally delicious vegan jalapeno poppers. Ready to go in under 30 minutes!
I keep a pack of these disposable kitchen gloves in my pantry for tasks like de-seeding jalapeno peppers. They are very spicy! If the oils get on your hands, and you then touch your face, it burns like crazy.
Make buffalo jalapeno poppers. Simply add a couple tablespoons of your favorite buffalo sauce to the vegan cream cheese mixture for a completely new flavor!
Mix up the cheese. Instead of a vegan cheddar cheese, try this recipe with other varieties. It also works well with Monterey Jack style or mozzarella style vegan cheese shreds.
Make homemade vegan cream cheese. I used a store bought vegan cream cheese for convenience, but you can also make your own!
Store leftover jalapeno poppers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, in an airtight container. I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through. This will help get the topping crispy again.
More Vegan Recipes
If you love these vegan jalapeno poppers, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes that are perfect for entertaining:
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 F, wear gloves and slice peppers lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, place cut side up onto a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together ¾ cup of the shredded cheese, softened cream cheese, ½ cup panko, garlic powder, oregano, salt until evenly combined
- Divide the mixture evenly among the peppers, packing it down into each pepper
- In a small bowl, mix remaining shredded cheese, panko, and melted butter, then divide evenly on top of the peppers
- Bake the peppers 20 minutes, or until the peppers are softened, the filling is bubbly and the topping is crisped