Made simply with a few fruits, one vegetable, and nothing else, this green smoothie tastes only like the fruit itself, yet provides all the nutritional advantages of the greens, too. Plus it’s incredibly energizing, and actually makes you feel great, inside and out. Contributed by Vicki Brett-Gach from her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 grapefruit, peeled, sliced in quarters
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cut in quarters, with the core, seeds, and stem removed
- 1 banana, peeled, quartered
- 1 to 2 cups of fresh baby kale or spinach
- 4 to 8 ice cubes (optional)
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender (such as a Vitamix). Process first on low, and gradually work up to high speed until mixture is completely smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to one day.
- Explore more recipes for Green Smoothies on VegKitchen.