You can make this festive roasted sweet potato dish with yams or sweet potatoes or a combination of both. Generally speaking, garnet yams are sweeter than sweet potatoes. Serve it as part of a vegan Thanksgiving holiday or anytime you want to warm up the house with the sweet aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photo by Tracey Eller
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
You can make this festive roasted sweet potato dish with yams or sweet potatoes or a combination of both.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 6 to 8
- 8 cups sweet potatoes or yams (garnet yams are particularly good peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 4 tablespoons cup melted organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg or preferably, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the hemp seeds in a 9x13x2 inch baking dish and toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake, stirring occasionally for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender on the inside and touched with brown. Taste, and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Let cool slightly and serve garnished with hemp seeds.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 658mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 25222IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more recipes for Sweet Potatoes.
Leave a Reply