There are other tofu marinades besides Asian? Oh yes! This tofu is soaked within a delicious mustard and maple syrup marinade. I love the marriage of flavors in this sauce—sweet, sour, salty, and spicy.
I highly recommend trying this marinade for baked tofu; the texture of the final product is incredible. Caramelized on the outside but wet and sticky on the inside, it’s an absolute treat!
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, sponged and cut into slices
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except tofu.
- Put the tofu in a dish with a lid and pour in the marinade. Distribute the marinade through the tofu slices and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and line parchment paper with a baking sheet.
- Spread the tofu and marinade on the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. The end result should be golden and slightly sticky tofu.
- Serve hot with rice and a cooked kale.