Spinach, Orange, and Red Cabbage Salad
Here’s a gorgeous salad of spinach, red cabbage, and oranges that adds a burst of color and nutrition to the plate. It’s a quick salad for everyday meals and is equally welcome as part of winter holiday meals. Adapted from Vegan Express. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 3 small seedless oranges, such as clementine,
peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 medium crisp, flavorful cucumber, halved
lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or as desired
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the spinach, cabbage, oranges, cucumber, and almonds in a serving bowl and toss together.
Dress as desired with oil and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.