Spinach, Orange, and Red Cabbage Salad
Here’s a gorgeous salad of spinach, red cabbage, and oranges that adds a burst of color and nutrition to the plate. It’s a quick salad for everyday meals and is equally welcome as part of winter holiday meals. Adapted from Vegan Express.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 3 small seedless oranges, such as clementine, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 medium crisp, flavorful cucumber, scrubbed, halved lengthwise,
and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or as desired
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the spinach, cabbage, oranges, cucumber, and almonds in a serving bowl and toss together.
Dress as desired with oil and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.
- Explore more way to enjoy spinach.
- Return to A Colorful Vegan Christmas (Vegetarians Welcome!) for a complete listing of holiday dinner recipes, menus, and desserts.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
4 comments on “Spinach, Orange, and Red Cabbage Salad”
Pingback: A Colorful Vegan Christmas | Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes: In a Vegetarian Kitchen
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes | HealthyMamaInfo
Pingback: From My Kitchen: Purple Cabbage and Spinach Salad | culicurious
Pingback: Good Nola | Culicurious: Purple Cabbage and Spinach Salad