This slightly sweet slaw is easy enough for everyday meals, yet plenty festive for holiday meals. It’s always a hit, and adds little to your workload. Adapted from The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet.
Serves: 8 to 10
- 6 cups thinly shredded white cabbage (use pre-shredded coleslaw if you’d like)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and mix until well combined. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Variation: Use 3 cups each red and green cabbage for a more festive look.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.
- Return to A Colorful Vegan Christmas (Vegetarians Welcome!) for a complete listing of holiday dinner recipes, menus, and desserts.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
2 comments on “Cranberry Slaw”
Pingback: A Colorful Vegan Christmas | Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes: In a Vegetarian Kitchen
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes