These no-bake bars are super-easy to make, and feature almonds, raisins and dark chocolate. Leslie Cerier recommends using as many organic and fair trade ingredients as possible for this yummy treat. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photos by Tracey Eller.
Chocolate-Almond Nutty Bars
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- ¾ cups raisins
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup vegan dark chocolate chips or 80% chocolate bar squares
- Coarsely chop almonds in a food processor. Add and blend in raisins, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and salt.
- Shape the almond raisin mixture into bars (about 5 inches long, ½ inch high and 2 inches wide).
- Melt the chocolate chips and pour over the tops of the whole bars. Refrigerate to harden the chocolate, about 30 minutes. Serve or store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Cookies and Bars.