Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing
Savory and tangy, this is the perfect dressing for salads served with Asian-style meals. It’s also good on wilted greens and on cold noodle dishes.
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1/3 cup light olive oil or other healthy vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded cruet or bottle. Shake well before each use.
Good with: Asian-style coleslaw (try using napa cabbage); broccoli slaw or other grated vegetable salads (such as with root vegetables or carrots); cold noodle salads; green salads using crunchy roots and nuts. Try this on a green salad with mixed baby greens, grated carrot and daikon radish or white turnip, sprouts, and sliced almonds. Any of these salad ideas make great accompaniments with stir-fries.
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.
Print This Post