Mango, Avocado, and Arugula Salad
You don’t need a lot of ingredients with this awesome combination of mango, avocado, pecans, and arugula. It’s a pretty salad that brings such cheer to cool-weather meals. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pecan halves or chopped walnuts, as desired
- A big handful or two of baby arugula leaves, as desired
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes, optional
- Your favorite dressing to pass around (see suggestions following recipe)
Combine the mango with the avocado (toss the avocado gently with the lemon or lime juice first) on a serving platter or shallow bowl.
Add the pecans and arugula, and toss gently. Sprinklewith the coconut flakes and serve at once. Pass around the dressing of your choice.
Dressing suggestions: Quite honestly, this is good with no dressing at all, but if you’d like, you can pass around homemade or store bought balsamic vinaigrette or raspberry vinaigrette. Or, just step up the lemon and lime juice and add a splash of olive oil.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s Super Savory Salads.