This vegan gravy goes with everything—especially this gnocchi and vegan sausage. For a more authentic taste, use vegan beef broth if desired. For a thicker sauce, use 2 ¼ cups of vegetable broth instead of 2 ½ cups.
Gnocchi with Vegan Sausage and Gravy
This vegan gravy goes with everything—especially this gnocchi and vegan sausage.Print Pin Rate Email
- 3 tbsp olive Oil
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Italian vegan sausages
- 1 pepper
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Prepare the ingredients first and keep them close so you can add the vegetable broth quickly after adding the flour.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the oil. Then add the flour and whisk. Start whisking immediately to incorporate the vegetable broth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let reduce a few minutes.
- The gravy can be stored for 5 days in a refrigerator in a sealed container.
- In a saucepan bring water to boil. Pour gnocchi as directed on the packaging.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil, onion, pepper, and sausage to a pan for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Once the gnocchi is ready, rinse and place back into the saucepan. Add the vegetable mixture and the gravy—around 1 to 2 cups depending of your taste.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 1310mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 456IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply