Pasta Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Tofu “Feta”
This tasty vegan pasta salad featuring roasted peppers, fresh tomatoes, and tofu “feta” is great for parties, potlucks, and barbecues, or just as a change of pace companion to veggie burgers, soups, and green veggies. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 8 to 10 ounces rotini, farfalle, or other short chunky pasta shape
- 6-ounce jar roasted red peppers, with a little liquid
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 recipe tofu "feta", crumbled
- 1 cup steamed fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 medium firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse until cool, then drain well again.
- Meanwhile, drain a little of the the liquid from the red peppers into a small bowl. Combine it with the oil, vinegar, and oregano, and stir together to make the dressing. Thinly slice the red peppers.
- Combine the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl with the red pepper strips, "feta," peas, tomatoes, scallions, and parsley.
- Pour in the dressing and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss again. Serve at once.
- Here are more pasta salad recipes.