Chocolate-Peanut Butter “Truffles”
These were, and still may be, my kids’ favorite homemade snack, even though they are quite grown up now! A combination of nut butter, chocolate, raisins, and hempseed or wheat germ adds up to a high-protein snack for kids, teens, and adults alike.
Makes 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or hemp seeds
- Sesame seeds for rolling, optional
Combine all the ingredients except the sesame seeds in a food processor. Process until the mixture is completely smooth. You may have to stop the machine and reach in with a spoon a couple of times to break up clumps.
Roll into a dozen 1-inch balls; roll them in sesame seeds if you’d like. Refrigerate for about an hour, or until the “truffles” are firmed up. Keep any not devoured at once refrigerated and covered.
- For more healthy snacks, visit Snacks and Dips.
- Make sure to explore the entire Veg Kids and Teens page on VegKitchen for lots of easy, healthy recipes for vegetarian and vegan kids and teens.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s No-Bake and Raw Sweets.