Have you tried raw vegan strawberry jam before? Just 3 ingredients is all it takes to make this thick, delicious, nutrient rich strawberry jam. Vegan friendly and perfect for spreading on toast, waffles, pancakes, crepes, and more.
If you are a lover of strawberries, you have to give this a try. Also, check out my 12 chia seed pudding recipes to whip up as well. Or learn how to make cherry pomegranate refrigerator jam. It is so tasty as well.
Chia seeds seemed to be the perfect addition to this jam to transform the texture and of course give you extra nutrients and leave you feeling full and satisfied. I also have some delicious vegan strawberry recipes you guys might be interested in.
This Raw Vegan Strawberry Jam Recipe Is...
- Made with 3 Ingredients
- Easy to Make
- Perfect for Using Ripe Strawberries
- Spreads Well On Bread and other items
- Naturally Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
How to Make Vegan Strawberry Jam
Full steps for this vegan raw strawberry jam are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through on how it is made.
- Start by adding water and chia seeds into a bowl. Stir and let sit for 1 hour.
- Once the chia seeds are a thick paste, you will add the fresh strawberries, and sweetener to a blender.
- Blend until it is pureed.
Tips for Making Raw Vegan Strawberry Jam
Blender or Food Processor
You will want to add all your ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender. Then turn on and let it puree the mixture.
Scrape Down The Sides
When blending make sure to take a spatula and scrape down the sides and lift any stuck on bits in the bottom of your blender. Sometimes you will find the berries splatter to the walls and don't puree fully.
Variations to Raw Vegan Strawberry Jam
So this is made with strawberries, but you could easily swap it out for any fresh berries you would like. Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or any other fruit of choice.
So I used a liquid sweetener but this is of course optional. If you don't want to sweeten the jam you do not have too. Or you could use a maple syrup if you prefer.
Strawberry Jam FAQs
How to know my chia seeds are ready to be pureed?
You want your chia seeds to become a thick paste in the cup. As the chia seeds soak in the water they will expand. And in around an hour or a bit longer you will find they have swelled nicely and create a thick paste.
How to store this fresh jam?
You will want to put the vegan jam in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Since there are no preservatives, it will spoil faster than a bottle of jam from the store.
Can you freeze the strawberry jam?
To be honest I have never frozen chia seeds in a jam. So I can't say for sure if the texture will be different once it thaws from being frozen. I would think the texture could alter a bit. So if you do try let me know in the comments.
Raw Vegan Strawberry Jam
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp chía seeds
- 2 cups strawberries fresh, green tops removed
- 1 tbsp of liquid sweetener such as stevia, optional
- Mix the wáter and chia seeds together in a small bowl or jar.
- Let the chia seed mixture rest for at least an hour, until it becomes a a thick paste.
- Combine the chía seed paste, the fresh strawberries and the sweetener (optional) in a blender
- Puree until smooth.
- This vegan strawberry jam is a great topping for pancakes, waffles, or crepes.
- It’s even great layered with dairy-free yogurt as a parfait!
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can substitute other berries or fruits for the strawberries to make a variety of jam flavors.