These homemade chocolates with dried fruit and hazelnuts are a deliciously healthy indulgence. With either dried apricots or prunes, these easy 3-ingredient treats are perfect for a quick and healthy make-ahead snack. And they're vegan friendly too!
These treats are sure to be your new favorite homemade snack! You can make a big batch of these fruity chocolates at the start of the week and take some with you every day to school or work.
They’re also great as a pre- or post-workout treat or a simple dessert with a cup of coffee. And they're delicious when scattered atop a smoothie bowl.
These homemade chocolates are:
- Filled with apricots, hazelnuts, or prunes.
- A great option for a healthy snack
- Made with just 3 wholesome ingredients
- Ready with only 10 minutes preparation time
- Great for meal-prep
- Ideal as a post-workout snack
- Also perfect for sharing!
What’s great about these homemade chocolates is that they require just 3 ingredients - either prunes or dried apricots, hazelnuts and dark chocolate. That’s it!
I’ve used hazelnuts for this recipe, but you can swap these for any other nut of your choice, such as macadamias, cashews, pecans, etc. When choosing chocolate, you can also choose whichever one you prefer. I like to use a dark variety with at least 70% cocoa solids, but vegan milk chocolate works too.
Make the Chocolates
It really is super easy!
Start by melting the chocolate either on the stove, or microwaving it on medium power for 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile, stuff the dried apricots with the hazelnuts.
Then, dip the apricots in the chocolate one by one and leave to set in the fridge for around 30 minutes on a sheet or parchment paper.
More Delicious Recipes
If you love these homemade chocolates, don't miss these other delicious recipes.
Homemade Chocolates With Dried Fruit And Hazelnuts (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- 20 hazelnuts
- 20 pitted dried apricots or prunes
- Start by melting the chocolate either on the stove, or microwaving it on medium power for 1-2 minutes. Meanwhile, stuff the dried apricots with the hazelnuts.
- Dip the apricots in the chocolate one by one and leave to set in the fridge for around 30 minutes on a sheet or parchment paper.