This flavorful combination of cherries and pomegranate juice is cleverly thickened into spreadable jam by using chia seeds. There’s nothing like spreading a little fiber, vitamins C, K, and B, calcium, melatonin, calcium, and potassium on your morning toast! Recipe and photo by Ann Oliverio, from Crave, Eat, Heal: Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes to Satisfy Every Appetite* reprinted with permission © 2015 Front Table Books.
Cherry-Pomegranate Refrigerator Jam
This flavorful combination of cherries and pomegranate juice is cleverly thickened into spreadable jam by using chia seeds.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 1 pint
- 1 ½ cups frozen sweet cherries
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cherry-flavored liquid stevia
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla-flavored liquid stevia
- Put the cherries and the pomegranate juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the cherries for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the cherry mixture from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, lemon juice, and stevia liquids.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a while before spooning into a pint-sized mason jar.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 1168mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 156IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 4mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Would it be possible to substitute other sweeteners for the stevias?
Sure, just use maple syrup or agave to taste. The jam is already pretty sweet as is.