These vegan carrot cake bliss balls taste like an indulgent dessert, but are healthier, oil-free, and sweetened with dates. You can expect a perfect flavor and a soft, chewy texture. Serve them as a snack or as a breakfast!
I loooove homemade snacks. As a self-proclaimed snack queen, they’re my go-to tool for satisfying peckishness between meals, or fuel after a tough workout. Homemade is often tastier, much cheaper, and you have full control over the ingredients.
Bliss balls have been the rage for quite a while, and I totally get why. They’re so easy to throw together and there are countless yummy combos and flavor to try.
My personal favourite? Carrot cake! Let’s just say that my days not liking carrot cake and even being skeptical about the concept of putting carrot in sweet things have long passed!
Vegan carrot cake bliss balls
These are just my ideal no-bake snack bites. I’m talking soft, incredibly chewy, nicely sweetened with not too much sweetness either, covered in a thick glaze of chocolate. It just doesn’t get much better! Seriously, the batch is lucky to last more than about two days in my kitchen.
Want to skip the chocolate glaze? Opt for desiccated coconut as well, or just eat them as they are! You pretty much can’t go wrong regardless of which option you choose.
What’s great about these bliss balls is that they’re naturally sweetened with dates. Dates make a great alternative to sugars and liquid sweeteners.
Simply soak them in warm water for around 15 minutes to make them blendable, and their natural flavor is perfect for a huge variety of desserts.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Pitted medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Peeled and grated carrot. Don’t worry, these definitely don’t taste like vegetables!
- Pecan nuts. Use any nut variety of your choice, or omit/replace with chocolate chips for a nut-free version.
- Coconut flour. Almond flour works well too.
- Peanut butter, or any other nut/seed butter of your choice.
- OPTIONAL: melted dark chocolate and/or desiccated coconut.
That’s it! Just a handful of ingredients and you have #snackgoals ready to go.
How to Make Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
STEP 1: Add the dates, carrot, pecan nuts, coconut flour and peanut butter to a blender or food processor. Blend until a thick ‘dough’ forms. If the dough is too sticky, add more coconut flour.
STEP 2: Shape the dough into even-sized balls.
STEP 3: Roll the dough in the melted dark chocolate and/or desiccated coconut. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
You will love carrot cake bites!
They are …
- Perfectly chewy and soft.
- Sweetened with dates.
- Great for a homemade snack option.
- Easy to make.
- Ready in less than 10 minutes (not including time in the fridge).
More Recipes to Try
If you love these vegan carrot cake bliss balls, try these other vegan recipes.
Vegan Carrot Cake Bliss Balls (No-bake, Gluten-free)
- Blender or food processor
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup carrot grated
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate melted
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Add the dates, carrot, pecan nuts, coconut flour and peanut butter to a blender or food processor. Blend until a thick 'dough' forms. If the dough is too sticky, add more coconut flour.
- Shape the dough into even-sized balls.
- Roll the dough in the melted dark chocolate and/or desiccated coconut. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.