Spring Greens Salad with Endives and Oranges
Here’s a lovely and refreshing salad with tender greens and tiny oranges.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 6 or so cups washed and torn mixed greens
- 2 Belgian endives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 to 3 small seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a salad bowl and toss together. Serve at once.
Note: Use a mild lettuce such as Boston or butter mixed with any combination of sorrel, arugula, dandelion greens, watercress, and tender Asian greens such as mizuna in small quantities.
Here are more recipes for: