Easy Mushroom Gravy
If you like mushrooms, you’ll enjoy this simple vegan gravy, which is great over seitan, tofu, rice, and especially mashed potatoes.
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, any small variety, or a mixture
(try combining shiitakes with baby bella or crimini),
cleaned, stemmed, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Combine the broth and soy sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until done to your liking.
Combine the cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve in a cup or small container. When the water and soy sauce mixture is at a steady simmer, slowly whisk in the cornstarch, stirring constantly until the liquid is thickened.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the basil and nutritional yeast. Use at once.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Mushroom lovers, rejoice! Here are more mushroom recipes for you.
4 comments on “Easy Mushroom Gravy”
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes | HealthyMamaInfo