Baby arugula livens up the flavor of these simple wraps featuring baked tofu, crisp cucumber, and olives. The combination of flavors makes this one of my favorite wraps — they’re so tasty, and make a great portable or at-home lunch. You can also make it for dinner and serve with soup, baked potatoes or sweet potatoes and/or corn on the cob, depending on appetite. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Makes: 2 wraps, doubles easily (or halve the recipe for one wrap)
- Two 10- to 12-inch wraps
- Vegan mayonnaise, as needed (or see Variations)
- A drizzle of mustard
- Two big handfuls of baby arugula leaves, or as needed
- 4 ounces baked tofu, any variety (half of an 8-ounce package), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup crisp cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped briny black olives
Place a wrap on a plate. Spread with vegan mayonnaise. Add a drizzle of mustard down the center.
Put a big handful of arugula in the center. Arrange a row of baked tofu strips next to it; make rows of cucumber and olives, as shown in the photo.
Fold 2 to 3 inches of the wrap over the ingredients on two sides, keeping the ends tucked in as you roll the wrap snugly to enclose all the ingredients. Cut in half with a sharp knife and serve at once, or pack up to take to school or work in a container that will protect it from getting crushed.
Variations: For even more flavor and protein, substitute hummus or pesto for the vegan mayo. You can Substitute baby spinach for the arugula, or use half of each.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Vegan sandwiches and wraps.