This Carrot Tomato Garden Veggie Tempeh Soup is tasty and filling. The tempeh adds a nice crunch, and the soup tastes even better paired with a grilled cheese sandwich as well.
One of the easiest hot meals you can make is a great grilled cheese served with tomato soup. Try something new with your own homemade carrot tomato garden veggie tempeh soup. Not only does it have more than just tomatoes, but it’s packed with tempeh protein.
How to Make Carrot Tomato Garden Veggie Tempeh Soup
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add onion and salt and cook until soft.
- Add broth, boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a blender to puree soup, add lemon and tomato.
- In a saucepan, cook tempeh with oil and dill.
- Serve soup with tempeh and grilled cheese sandwiches.
Full directions for how to make Carrot Tomato Garden Veggie Tempeh Soup are in the printable recipe card below.
Carrot Tomato Garden Veggie Tempeh Soup FAQs
How long does this soup last?
This soup will last for up to one week in the fridge. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you choose to freeze it, I recommend doing so in single serving sizes. That way you can easily thaw the amount of soup you need at a time.
What are some grilled cheese recipes to sere with this soup?
- Vegan Grilled Cheese—5 Ways
- Drunken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Pear and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 21 Mind-Blowing Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Spinach, Roasted Garlic, and Butternut Squash Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Duxelles Grilled Cheese
- Maple Sage Apple and Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Here are more tempeh recipes.
Carrot Tomato Garden Veggie Tempeh Soup
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 large onion cut into medium dice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and cut into ½-inch rounds
- 4 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz Organic Garden Veggie Tempeh cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 6-8 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add carrots, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, purée soup in batches until creamy. Add tomato paste and lemon juice and blend for a few seconds.
- In a skillet, heat 2 remaining tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add tempeh and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add dill and cook for 30 seconds.
- Ladle soup into six bowls and top each bowl with tempeh. Serve with your favorite grilled cheese sandwiches—I like mine with Smart Bacon.
This recipe is from Lightlife, a company that creates delicious vegetarian and vegan products that even meat-eaters enjoy. Lightlife also contributes 5% of their profits to causes that work to protect children, the environment, and human rights. Visit Lightlife to find veggie goodness for you and the planet!
Leave a Reply