Here’s a simple salad that goes with just about anything. Carrot-raisin salad might just be the first that kids will enjoy! A food processor is a must for preparing this salad quickly; or you can start with pre-grated carrots that come packaged, but make sure they look nice and fresh.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled (or use baby carrots)
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise or Cashew Cream
- Generous pinch of ground cinnamon
Grate the carrots in a food processor, then transfer to a serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix together thoroughly.
Let the salad stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, then serve.
Variation: Use raw sweet potato in place of the carrots. Yes, sweet potato is delicious raw!