This tasty vegan pasta salad featuring roasted peppers, fresh tomatoes, and tofu "feta" is great for parties, potlucks, and barbecues, or just as a change of pace companion to veggie burgers, soups, and green veggies. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Pasta Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Tofu "Feta"
- 8 to 10 ounces rotini farfalle, or other short chunky pasta shape
- 6- ounce jar roasted red peppers with a little liquid
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 recipe tofu "feta" crumbled
- 1 cup steamed fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 medium firm ripe tomatoes , diced
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup chopped fresh parsley to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse until cool, then drain well again.
- Meanwhile, drain a little of the the liquid from the red peppers into a small bowl. Combine it with the oil, vinegar, and oregano, and stir together to make the dressing. Thinly slice the red peppers.
- Combine the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl with the red pepper strips, "feta," peas, tomatoes, scallions, and parsley.
- Pour in the dressing and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss again. Serve at once.
- Here are more pasta salad recipes.