Here’s a great way to highlight fresh corn in a summer salad. Crisp snow peas, cabbage, and bell peppers meld nicely with the sweetness of corn kernels.
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 3 cups (about 4 medium ears) cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into narrow 1-inch strips
- 1/3 cup green pimiento olives
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette, homemade or store-bought, or as needed to moisten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Trim the snow peas and cut in half crosswise. Steam briefly, just until bright green, then rinse immediately under cool running water until cold and drain well.
Combine the snow peas with all the remaining ingredients in a serving container and toss thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving. Stir once or twice during the time to distribute the vinaigrette. Drain off any excess vinaigrette before serving.
Per serving: Calories: 147; Total fat: 7g; Protein: 2g; Carbs 18g; Sodium: 65mg
Explore more of VegKitchen’s: