This basic vinaigrette dressing is a wonderful all-purpose dressing for salads, slaws, and marinating. Mix it up with your favorite flavored vinegars and fresh herbs for an endless combination of flavors.
Tips & Tricks
This basic salad dressing recipe is perfect for serving with green salads, grain and/or bean salads, pasta salads, lentil salads, corn salads and more.
You can also use it for marinating vegetables before roasting or grilling, or for marinating tofu that has been very well drained, blotted and diced to use as a feta cheese substitute.
Mix up the flavor by using your favorite flavored olive oils and vinegars. Some of my personal favorites and garlic olive oil and blood orange vinegar.
Increase the amount of vinegar if your prefer a more pungent and tangy taste.
Don't forget to check out these other delicious vegan salad dressing ideas while you are here.
Basic Vinaigrette Recipe
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ to /1/3 cup vinegar good quality - balsamic, apple cider, white or red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded bottle and shake thoroughly.
- Shake well before each use.