The soy sauce marinade makes this Crispy Breaded Tofu recipe extra tasty.
Instead of tofu you can also use tempeh. The tempeh will also need to be marinated. Seitan can also be used, but, in my opinion, will not need to be marinated.
As for the sauce, it's just yummy! A little bit of sauce gives this crispy tofu the final touch that everyone will enjoy.
Crispy Breaded Tofu with Asian Sauce
The soy sauce marinade makes this Crispy Breaded Tofu recipe extra tasty.Print Pin Rate Email
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 450 g package tofu, extra-firm, cut in eight slices
- 2 flax eggs 2 tsp ground flax seeds with 5 tbsp water, mix, let sit for 15 minutes
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- Pour the soy sauce into a deep dish. Add the tofu slices and turn them over to moisten with soy sauce. Marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes to 6 hours.
- Prepare three plates. In the first pour the flour, in the second the flax eggs, and in the third the panko breadcrumbs. Dip the tofu slices in the flour, then in the flax eggs, and finally coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Bake tofu slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
Serve with this Asian sauce: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoons lime juice with 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic and 1 tsp. chopped ginger
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 3mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply