This Papaya or Mango and Black Bean Salad recipe makes a delicious and refreshing salad. It's great anytime and light enough for warmer weather days. I’m not big on measurements so feel free to make adjustments based on your preferences. I brought this to a party and all my omnivore friends went crazy for it. It's super simple to prepare and so healthy for you: nutrient-dense with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Who’d have thought, a delicious salad with no salt and no oil! Recipe and photo contributed by Sharon Nazarian from Big City Vegan. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Papaya or Mango and Black Bean Salad
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ papaya or 1–2 whole mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 –3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- juice of 1 lime or more, to taste
- lime wedges for garnish optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl. Taste for lime, as that’s what really brings out the flavor.
- Stir together and serve at once, or cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Here are more recipes for bean salads.