If you want a food that's going to give your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs every day, grab yourself an avocado. Try some of these avocado recipes to see just how great it can be!
Avocados don’t just taste amazing, they’re also packed with loads of nutrients. These green fruits provide folate, vitamins B, C, K and E, fiber, niacin, potassium and more. The monounsaturated fats help your body absorb the nutrients from other foods as well.
Tip: Avocados are best eaten raw. In recipes where it is used as a primary ingredient, a little lemon juice prevents it from browning.
Appetizers, Dips, and Soups
- Very Green Avocado-Tahini Dip
- Fresh Tomato Guacamole
- Super Easy Guacamole
- Roasted Vegetable Guacamole
- Creamy Chilled Avocado Soup
- Avocado Mango Salsa
Wraps, Sandwiches & more
- Hummus, Cucumber and Avocado Wrap
- Vegan Avocado Rueben Sandwich
- BBQ-Flavored Seitan and Avocado Wraps
- Asian-Flavored Quinoa Wraps
- Cool Refried Bean Wraps
- Avocado Quesadillas
- Avocado and Bean Enchiladas
- Big Quesadillas with Refried Beans, Spinach and Avocado
- Avocado and Sweet Potato Quesadilla or Soft Tacos
- Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich Spread
- Open-Faced Avocado and Bean Sandwiches
- Hummus, Avocado, and Baby Spinach Sandwich
- Penne Primavera with Avocado Cashew Cream
- Zucchini Pasta with Mango, Avocado, and Black Bean Salsa
- Cauliflower and Avocado Salad
- Black Bean and Avocado Salad with Oranges or Mango
- Avocado and Orange Salad
- Mexican-Style Quinoa Salad
- Southwestern-Flavored Kale Salad
- Sweet and White Potato Salad with Mixed Greens
- Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad
- Southwestern Pasta Salad with Avocado and Peppers
- Quinoa and Pink Bean Salad with Avocado and Jícama
- Stuffed Avocados
- Marinated Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Deconstructed Sushi Bowl
- Mango, Avocado, and Arugula Salad
- Hummus, Avocado, Tomato, and Baby Spinach Sandwich
- Veggie Sushi Rice Bowls
- Avocado and Pinto Bean Salad
- Get more by visiting VegKitchen’s Seasonal Produce Guides.
- For lots more features on healthy lifestyle, please explore VegKitchen’s Healthy Vegan Kitchen page.
Nutritionist Manchester says
Another avocado fan! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful recipes!
I've gone from an avocado fan to an absolute addict! A day without avocado is not complete for me!
margarita ortouste says
thanks for the sharing . i love the recipe.
I love avocados! Looking forward to trying some of these ideas and recipes.
BTW, when I post this link on FaceBook, the pic is of a couple of bowls of brussels sprouts... would be nice if it was of the gorgeous avos above!
I never thought avocado can be more interesting when it comes to meals. Obviously, I haven't explored enough. But thanks to this post, I have a lot of options to enjoy avocado even more.