Five minutes, a few ingredients, and you've got nearly-instant, really yummy guacamole. Just open a bag of stone-ground tortilla chips, and have a party!
Makes: About 1 ½ cups
- 1 medium ripe (mashable but not mushy)
avocado, pitted and peeled
- ¾ cup prepared salsa of your choice
(tomatillo salsa is nice with this)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice, to taste
- ¼ to ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 or 2 fresh hot chilies, seeded and minced, optional
Cut the avocado into chunks and place in a bowl. Mash well with a fork.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir together well. Serve at once with stone-ground tortilla chips.
- Here are lots more recipes for salsas, chutneys, and relishes.
kathy dixon says
love the recipes you have.. slowly becoming a vegetarian.. my daughter is now a vegan..
I do a similar guacamole using salsa. I have not tried using tomatillo, though. I will have to try it. Looks delicious!