Mango and avocado salad is a summertime classic. In this recipe, I take that one step further by adding black beans and cilantro. I then pile it on top of spiralized zucchini for a quick, easy, and refreshing meal. From Choosing Raw: Making Raw Foods Part of the Way You Eat by Gena Hamshaw. Reprinted with permission from Da Capo Lifelong, © 2014. Photo by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, halved, pitted, and cut into 3⁄4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more as garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black beans, or 1(14-ounce) can
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- Toss all the ingredients except for the zucchini in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Divide the zucchini onto four plates. Top each with a quarter of the mango mixture. Sprinkle with extra cilantro, and serve.
- To store, keep the zucchini pasta and the mango mixture separate. Both will keep, stored in an airtight container in the fridge, for 2 days.
- Try more raw veggie “noodle” dishes.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s super savory salads.
- See VegKitchen’s review of World Cuisine Tri-Blade Spiral Slicer.
Visit Gena Hamshaw at Choosing Raw.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!