Mango and avocado salad is a summertime classic. In this recipe, I take that one step further by adding black beans and cilantro. I then pile it on top of spiralized zucchini for a quick, easy, and refreshing meal. From Choosing Raw: Making Raw Foods Part of the Way You Eat by Gena Hamshaw. Reprinted with permission from Da Capo Lifelong, © 2014. Photo by Hannah Kaminsky.
Zucchini Pasta with Mango, Avocado, and Black Bean Salsa
Mango and avocado salad is a summertime classic. In this recipe, I take that one step further by adding black beans and cilantro. I then pile it on top of spiralized zucchini for a quick, easy, and refreshing meal.Print Pin Rate Email
- 2 ripe Haas avocados halved, pitted, and cut into 3⁄4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled, pitted, and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro chopped , plus more as garnish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black beans or 1(14-ounce) can
- 4 medium zucchinis spiralized
- Toss all the ingredients except for the zucchini in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Divide the zucchini onto four plates. Top each with a quarter of the mango mixture. Sprinkle with extra cilantro, and serve.
- To store, keep the zucchini pasta and the mango mixture separate. Both will keep, stored in an airtight container in the fridge, for 2 days.
Calories: 1080kcal | Carbohydrates: 168g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 7615mg | Potassium: 3485mg | Fiber: 61g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 5747IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 14mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Try more raw veggie “noodle” dishes.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s super savory salads.
- See VegKitchen's review of World Cuisine Tri-Blade Spiral Slicer.
Visit Gena Hamshaw at Choosing Raw.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
Sandy Halliday says
This looks so delicious I can't wait to try it out. Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables but I'll have to get a sprializer first. That is one gadget I haven't got.
Sandy, you can use a vegetable peeler to make "linguine" from your zucchini. Perhaps not as much fun as the spiral shape, but it will still taste good!
This look delish! I don't have cilantro but I do have some frozen mango that I use for smoothies plus the other ingredients! I'm thinking if I make it this morning the mango will thaw enough by dinner. I'll report back!
I'm back! The frozen mango did thaw by dinner but it made it a little too liquidy. I liked it ok but felt like I wanted something more added to it. I'm not sure what though. I can see the potential so I will play around with it to suit my taste. Thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks for your input, Kina. I can now see why frozen mango wouldn't be ideal — anything that's been thawed does throw off more liquid. Hope you enjoyed this otehrwise.