Black beans, diced mango, and avocado taste heavenly together in this delicious salad recipe. Fresh, perfectly ripe mangos are best, of course, but they're not always in season and occasionally unreliable. Once in a while I like to take the guesswork out of mangos and use canned (organic), which is akin to using canned pineapple—you know exactly what you're going to get. Otherwise, tiny clementine sections work well to give little bursts of fruity flavor.
Black Bean and Avocado Salad with Oranges or Mango
Black beans, diced mango, and avocado taste heavenly together in this delicious salad.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 15–16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium avocado cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 medium mango or one 15–16 oz can, drained, cut into ½ inch dice, or 2 to 3 tiny seedless oranges, like clementines
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 –2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil as desired
- 2 –3 tbsp lime juice to taste
- fresh cilantro minced to taste, optional
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- mixed baby greens or baby spinach optional
- Combine all the ingredients except the baby greens or spinach in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- If you'd like, arrange a bed of greens or spinach on a platter and arrange the bean salad on top of it. Otherwise, serve straight from the bowl.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1088IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Per serving: 174 calories; 10g fat; 18g carbs; 6g fiber; 5g protein; 175mg sodium
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.
- Here are more delectable recipes using avocado.
Hi, I was thinking I would love to add vegetarian meals to my meals time . But not sure if I know how.
Pita, there's not too much to it — try to make things you already like, but it plant-based versions. For example, pasta or rice dishes, pizzas, soups. If you join VegKitchen's Facebook page, you'll get several easy, seasonal ideas each and every day, answering the question of what to make: https://www.facebook.com/VegKitchen
Love this black bean salad!