In this recipe, cubes of tofu are marinated and baked. Hot or cold, this Perfect Marinated Tofu can be used as an appetizer or be served with rice and steamed vegetables.
- 1 block 450 g extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoke-flavored liquid
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray oil on a cookie sheet.
- Cut tofu into ½ inch slices and press lightly to remove excess water. Cut slices into ½ inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine tamari or soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, and vinegar Add sesame seeds, garlic powder, pepper, and smoke-flavored liquid. Place cubes of tofu in the mixture, cover, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the tofu on the prepared cookie sheet in one layer. Bake 15 minutes. Turn the cubes of tofu and cook another 15 minutes.