In this recipe, cubes of tofu are marinated and baked. Hot or cold, this Perfect Marinated Tofu can be used as an appetizer or be served with rice and steamed vegetables.
Perfect Marinated Tofu
- 1 block 450 g extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoke-flavored liquid
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray oil on a cookie sheet.
- Cut tofu into ½ inch slices and press lightly to remove excess water. Cut slices into ½ inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine tamari or soy sauce, maple syrup, ketchup, and vinegar Add sesame seeds, garlic powder, pepper, and smoke-flavored liquid. Place cubes of tofu in the mixture, cover, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the tofu on the prepared cookie sheet in one layer. Bake 15 minutes. Turn the cubes of tofu and cook another 15 minutes.