There are other tofu marinades besides Asian? Oh yes! This Sweet and Sour Marinated Tofu recipe soaks tofu in a delicious mustard and maple syrup marinade. I love the marriage of flavors in this sauce—sweet, sour, salty, and spicy.
I highly recommend trying this marinade for baked tofu; the texture of the final product is incredible. Caramelized on the outside but wet and sticky on the inside, it's an absolute treat!
Sweet and Sour Tofu
This Sweet and Sour Marinated Tofu recipe soaks tofu in a delicious mustard and maple syrup marinade. I love the marriage of flavors in this sauce—sweet, sour, salty, and spicy.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu sponged and cut into slices
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except tofu.
- Put the tofu in a dish with a lid and pour in the marinade. Distribute the marinade through the tofu slices and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line parchment paper with a baking sheet.
- Spread the tofu and marinade on the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. The end result should be golden and slightly sticky tofu.
- Serve hot with rice and a cooked kale.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply