If you like cooked vegetables, you will love this beautiful Tempeh Buddha Bowl with Squash. All the vegetables in this recipe give it many vibrant colors. With a vegetable protein like tempeh, this version of a Buddha bowl is one of my favorites.
Tempeh Buddha Bowl with Squash
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ fresh squash or 1 cup frozen cubes squash
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients and add the tempeh. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. In an airtight jar, mix all the vinaigrette ingredients and stir vigorously. Set aside.
- When the marinated tempeh is ready, sauté the tempeh for about 5 minutes in a warm, slightly oiled pan.
- Assemble the buddha bowl by dividing all the remaining buddha bowl ingredients into 2 large bowls. Add the tempeh and the vinaigrette to taste.
- Keep the rest of the vinaigrette in the fridge up for 5 days.