Baked tofu makes a great stand-in for the tuna in the classic Italian pairing with cannellini (large white) beans. This is a great companion with pasta dishes that are on the lighter side. Photos by Rachael Braun.
- 15- to 16-ounce can canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8-ounce package baked marinated tofu, finely diced
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives, preferably cured
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into half rings
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup bottled or homemade vinaigrette, or as desired
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Curly green or red leaf lettuce leaves, or mixed baby greens, as needed
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, optional
Combine all the ingredients except the lettuce in a serving bowl and toss together.
To serve, arrange 2 or 3 lettuce leaves or a handful of baby greens on individual serving plates or bowls and spoon some salad over them. Scatter a few cherry tomatoes over the top, if desired.
Pass around extra vinaigrette for individual servings.
Per serving: Calories: 143; Total Fat: 6g; Protein: 6g; Carbs: 16g; Sodium: 71mg