These flavorful tofu and veggie wraps have all the bold flavors and textures of bahn-mi sandwiches, but without the French bread. This recipe is reprinted by permission from Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy, Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less* by Robin Robertson © 2011. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 1 tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ¼-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or other hot sauce), plus more for serving
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas or other flatbread
- Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped bottled jalapeños
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown, turning frequently, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and the 1 teaspoon of sriracha, stirring gently to coat the tofu. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
To assemble the wraps, spread the tortillas with vegan mayo and drizzle with sriracha to taste.
Arrange one quarter of the tofu strips down the center of each of the tortillas.
Top with cucumber, carrot, cilantro, and jalapeños. Roll up each wrap tightly and serve at once.
- See VegKitchen’s selection of vegan sandwiches and wraps.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!