If you’d like something fresh and crunchy to go along with an Asian-style recipes, this simple salad serves the purpose nicely. This goes well with Asian-style stir fries and noodle dishes.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 5 to 6 cups thinly shredded red, white, or napa cabbage, or a combination
- 2 large celery stalks, or large bok choy stalks (with leaves)
sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into long, narrow strips
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Sesame-Ginger Salad Dressing, as needed
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the cabbage, bell pepper, scallions, and optional cilantro in a serving container.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Season with pepper, and toss well. Let the salad stand for 10 minutes or so before serving.
Variation: For a shortcut, use a 16-ounce bag pre-shredded coleslaw.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.