Deliciously glazed and spiced nuts are a tasty finger food at special occasion, or as an everyday snack. Use any combination of your favorite nuts—peanuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, etc.
Sweet and Spicy Glazed Nuts
Makes: 2 cups
- ⅓ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger, to taste
- ½ tsp chili powder, to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups mixed nuts of your choice
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Combine the agave or syrup in a medium mixing bowl with the cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk together. Add the nuts and stir to coat.
- Spread the nuts in a foil-lined 9x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until nicely glazed and toasted. Let the nuts cool, then break them apart.
- Stir in the optional cranberries or raisins and toss together. Transfer to a serving or storage container.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.
- Here are more vegan snacks and dips.
Travis M. Johnson says
I love all your posts.
Thank you, Travis!
I followed the directions but the "glaze" never formed; it stayed liquidy, even after an additional 10 minutes in the oven. Does it need to cool first before the glaze forms? Do you have any idea why this happened?? Thanks so much!! I am a big fan of your web site and your cookbook "Vegetarian Celebrations."
So sorry this didn't work out for you! I'm not sure why that would have happened. I haven't made this for a while, so maybe I'll retest so I can wrap my head around what might have gone wrong. I will be back to you shortly! And thanks for your kind thoughts.