Deliciously glazed and spiced nuts are a tasty finger food at special occasion, or as an everyday snack. Use any combination of your favorite nuts—peanuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, etc.
Makes: 2 cups
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups mixed nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
- Combine the agave or syrup in a medium mixing bowl with the cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk together. Add the nuts and stir to coat.
- Spread the nuts in a foil-lined 9×9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until nicely glazed and toasted. Let the nuts cool, then break them apart.
- Stir in the optional cranberries or raisins and toss together. Transfer to a serving or storage container.