This colorful and naturally sweet slaw is a medley of cabbage, apples, and raisins with an appealing crunch. Make this recipe for everyday as well as holiday meals. Photos by Evan Atlas. Adapted from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook.
Festive Cabbage, Apple, and Raisin Slaw
- 3 –4 cups coarsely shredded green or red cabbage or a combination
- 1 large Granny Smith or other crisp apple cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 large celery stalks peeled, if desired, and cut diagonally
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise more or less to taste
- juice of ½ lemon or lime
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds as desired for topping, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together well.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes or so before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle sunflower or pumpkin seeds over the top of the slaw, if desired.
Calories: 104; Total fat: 4g; Protein: 1g; Fiber: 2.7g; Carbs: 15g; Sodium: 175mg
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.