If your only experience with cranberries has been in sweet, jelled sauces, this spicy cranberry and apple chutney will provide a welcome change of pace for your grown-up palate! It’s a great choice for Thanksgiving dinner.
Serves: 8 or more
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup peeled, diced apple
- 1 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup, to taste
Place all the ingredients except the agave nectar in a deep saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat with the lid slightly ajar for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
Add agave nectar to taste and simmer uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes until thick. Let the chutney cool to room temperature, then store in a sterilized jar, tightly covered but not sealed. Refrigerate until needed. Before serving, bring to room temperature.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
8 Responses to “Cranberry-Apple Chutney”
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *