Gingered Winter Fruit Medley
This simple and pretty combination of winter fruits — pears, apples, oranges, and pineapple, spiced with crystallized ginger — is a refreshing finish to any meal. It’s pretty enough to serve as a Christmas dinner dessert, accompanied by your favorite cookies. Recipe adapted from Vegan Holiday Kitchen. Photos by Susan Voisin.
- 2 pears, any variety, or two different types, including Asian pears, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, seeded, and diced
- 2 small oranges, such as clementines, peeled and sectioned or 2 small blood oranges, peeled and diced
- One 20-ounce can unsweetened pineapple rings or chunks, drained
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced crystallized ginger, or more or less to taste
- Two 6-ounce containers piña colada or vanilla nondairy yogurt (soy or coconut)
- Ground cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients except the yogurt in a serving bowl and mix together.
- Serve in small dessert cups, preferably glass. Top serving with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.