Mixed Greens Salad with Apples, Carrots, and Pickled Beets
Here’s a simple, colorful salad of mixed greens with crunchy carrots, tart apples, and pickled beets that harmonizes well with everyday or holiday meals and adds little hands-on prep time. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 6 to 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 8-ounce jar pickled or fermented beets, well drained
- Extra-virgin olive oil as desired
- Balsamic or red wine vinegar to taste
- Combine the greens, carrots, and apples, and beets in a serving bowl.
- Dress with olive oil and vinegar as desired, toss well, and serve.