Sweet and Savory Nuts and Pretzels
This tasty snack is particularly nice to have on hand for guests to munch on during the winter holidays.
Makes 5 cups
- 2 to 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, to taste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shelled dry-roasted unsalted nuts (a mixture of peanuts,
cashews, and almonds is good)
- 3 cups small salt-free pretzels
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
Stir in the nuts and pretzels and toss quickly to coat them evenly. Spread on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the coating is fairly dry.
Let cool, then break apart any nuts that have clumped together. Store in jars until needed.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Explore VegKitchen’s selection of flavorful snacks and dips.