“Tofuna” Salad Sandwich Spread
This sandwich spread is so simple, yet every time I make it, it disappears quickly. Even tofu skeptics love it. Since all you really need for this is the first three ingredients, it hardly qualifies as a recipe, and you won’t even need to consult this after you make it once. The last two ingredients, though entirely optional, are highly recommended. If I’m having guests for lunch or brunch on weekends, I often make a batch of this as an extra, no matter what else I’m serving.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 10-ounce package baked tofu (Soy Boy Tofu Lin
or Soy Boy smoked flavor work best for this)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 large celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 scallion, minced, optional
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
Using your hands, crumble the tofu finely into a mixing bowl (or break into a few pieces, place in a food processor, and pulse on and off until finely and evenly chopped). Add the mayonnaise, celery, and optional scallion and nutritional yeast. Mix well.
Use as a spread for sandwiches—closed or open-faced, mound over greens, or just enjoy on its own.
- Here are more easy tofu recipes.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s easy, festive vegan brunch recipes and menus.
- Here are more recipes for vegan sandwiches and wraps.