Wine-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
The slightly sweet glaze gives Brussels sprouts a deep, rich flavor.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
Trim the stems from the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
In a small bowl, combine the wine, agave nectar, and soy sauce and stir together. Transfer to a 3-quart saucepan along with 1/2 cup water and the Brussels sprouts. Stir together, then cook, covered, at a gentle simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
Dissolve the cornstarch in a small amount of water. Stir into the saucepan quickly, then cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a covered casserole dish to serve.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
One comment on “Wine-Glazed Brussels Sprouts”
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes | HealthyMamaInfo