Unlike rice and wheat, quinoa is not a grain. Quinoa is the fruit of a plant from the same family as spinach and beets. Quinoa shines in salads, and if you want to eat gluten free, it’s the perfect food.
On the nutrition side, it contains a large amount of high-quality protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids, and many micronutrients. Thanks to its nutritional composition—somewhat different from other cereals—and its unique taste, its inclusion in the diet brings variety to the menu.
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup of uncooked green lentils
- 1 red pepper cut into small cubes
- ½ English cucumber cut into small cubes
- ½ tomato cut into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- Cook the quinoa and lentils according to package directions and set aside
- Add all the ingredients of the salad in a large bowl
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing together, add to the ingredients , mix well
- And that's it!